- He's one of the finest grammarians in the country. He would have said "quickly" and not used the adjective "fast" as an adverb.
- I know he isn't in London.
- He would have spelled "program" "programme", and would have been a bit more specific about it.
- He would never use "i" even if he were desperate, or possibly had a gun pointing at his head.
- Ditto with capitalisation of the first word of the sentence.
- He wouldn't have hyphenated "sort-out".
- He's an expert on Commonwealth history and, even with a gun at his head, would have died rather than to have referred to the Australian High Commission as "the Embassy".
- He knows the difference between commas and full stops.
- He's far more resourceful than sending a letter (with undisclosed multiple recipients) to me.
- If he hasn't changed his password by now, I'll eat my hat.
- I love the way "he" has "limited access to the internet".
The first time I had one of these letters was 15 years ago. I've had several since.
You are an evil little swine, but we both know that already. I just thought I'd get that in.
Love from Denis.